Four in four challenge

The Daily Paintworks Challenge from Oct. 12/2013   The challenge  was to  create four compositions using only 4 things.  The four things chosen by the poster Carol Marine were,  one cup and three pieces of coloured paper. 
I had just found this white mug at the thrift store and was looking for composition ideas on  the list of challenges.  This caught my eye - white mug and coloured paper - looked simple and I could practice the mug four times! 
 I was careful in my initial drawing of the composition trying to get the proportions of the mug right.  Getting the handle attached was the most difficult part and given that the mug is viewed from an angle and over top well it isn't perfect, but who wants that?  Once this rain stops I will get a better photo than one from the iphone and repost it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you. Please leave a comment!