Autumn Walk

Autumn Walk
Oil on ply, acrylic ground
15.3x15.3cm, 6x6 in.


I used a reference photo of a Sept. afternoon hike in the dry hills above Grand Forks, B.C. The alders had mostly turned colour, the grass was dry, the day was hot and still.  The cicadas were in full voice.   The clouds were over the mountains further north and right above us was a hot blue sky.  We saw wild mountain sheep, but they raced up the hill so quickly I didn't get a good photo.  A lone cow meandered up the hill to join her herd farther up. It was a beautiful day.  When I paint from photos I am transported to the place and can feel the atmosphere. I hope that is what I manage to portray in my painting. 

Today I did my shift at a hospital auxiliary thrift shop.  I am pleased to be able to give some time to this worthy cause and now that I am part of the volunteer team am in awe of how much work goes into making these amazing shops possible.  I had no idea!  It take so many people to manage, and run this place!   So please if you are someone that donates or shops at a thrift shop be kind to the volunteers!   They do this freely for you.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you. Please leave a comment!