Lilies
oil on ply, acrylic ground
15.3x15.3 cm/ 6x6 in
A favourite summer pastime is to float around on the lake or tube down the river.  I floated (lots of sunscreen) taking my camera in a waterproof bag and taking many photos of the native lilies growing along the lake shore near the nature park.  The days were hot, the lake warm, the sun sparkling on the water with reflections of the large puffy clouds that never seemed to shade where I was but made beautiful patterns on the water.  A kayak or canoe would be a great way to paint the scenes en plein air.  Perhaps I will rent one next summer. This photo has a bit of glare and the colour not quite right.  Taken with my iphone because it isn't quite dry and I cannot scan it yet so will replace with a better photo soon. 

On another note I took a beautiful snow walk today before the rain comes again.  I have been avoiding it because I don't have snow boots  on the island, only gum boots and the roads are slippery.  Well I was doing quite well, but just before the beach I guess I was just a little too confident and down I went.  No harm done excepting a bruised hip and slightly sore wrist.  The snowfall continues! 
 



2 comments:

  1. Love this painting! I'm so sorry about your fall. We need our hips and wrists.

    XOXOXOXO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara! It was one of those paintings that seemed to paint itself. XOXOEvelyn

      Delete

Love to hear from you. Please leave a comment!