#255 Red-Orange & Blue-Green

Finally!  I am cold free and have the energy for painting again.  That was one nasty cold and I hope that is the last for the season.
Still life painting seemed a good way to exercise the brushes again after so long away.  I painted and scraped quite a number over the last week.  When I  then decided to look at the Daily Paintworks site Weekly Challenge I found the Complementary Colours Challenge and as there were fresh tomatoes a few were nabbed for the studio.  (hothouse of course at this time of year for B,C,).  There are so many reds and hothouse tomatoes are never the luscious colour of summer garden tomatoes.    These were an red-orange.  I compared them to a colour wheel  and  came up with a green-blue complement.   Luckily  I had a backdrop of a similar green-blue.

Red-Orange & Blue-Green
15.3 x 15.3 cm/ 6x6in.
oil on acrylic gessoed canvas on ply
Last year I decided to have a look at my paintings and counted up what I done.  I had lists of the ones sold and unsold and the ones that I have kept as a marker of my progress.  There were many scrapped that didn't make the count.  Anyway I came up with a number and and this  is #255.  Doesn't seem like a lot in the scheme of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you. Please leave a comment!