Victorian Faces #8


Victorian Faces #7
12.7x12.7 cm, 5x5 in.
oil on acrilic gessoed  plywood

This one was painted using black, white on a yellow ground.  All my Victorian Faces postings are out of order. This was the 5th one I painted Sept. 22, 2016  and # 241 of the total.  Something I have realized about myself and posting paintings - I like to let them sit awhile before I decide if they are done.  I take a photo and find a glaring error so like to fix as much as possible. Perhaps I shouldn't number them until I am really finished.  But then I forget to number them at all.    Of course they are never perfect and if one keeps tweaking which invariably ruins the painting and the initial idea gets lost in too many "fixes".  Hopefully as my brushwork develops I will like the first results better.  

The colour reproduction on this one isn't quite right - it isn't really quite that dark and I don't seem to be able to adjust the balance properly.  This is a scanned painting and usually they come out very well.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you. Please leave a comment!